Saturday, August 16, 2008

Godmama Chris's Pirate Baby Shower Cake & Quilt

I've been a bit behind on posting and commenting this week and here's why (don't even ask what my house looks like because it is baaaaad).














The midget's Godmama Chris is having a baby boy and decided to decorate his nursery in a pirate theme. Holy crow, this is one FLIPPIN' cute nursery!!











I designed the cake around her nursery colors and theme. The cake is a half-sheet with a molded cake placed on top (Wilton Pirate Pan). The ship is sitting on a corrugated cake board, cut to shape, and supported with dowels. The sand is crushed graham crackers and the treasure chest is molded chocolate. I dug a small hole to bury the treasure chest into the cake. Don't look too closely at the cake because it is a little rough in spots, but overall, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!

The quilt turned out much better than my previous venture into quilting! I only made one little boo-boo on this one, so that's a big yeeeeee-haaaaaw!

8 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

that cake looks awesome! (and I would give my firstborn child for a piece of it right now (i'm on the south beach diet))

Little Birdie Secrets said...

Holy cow, that cake is AMAZING! My little guys would be so jealous, which is why they'll never see it. :) Congrats on your Tip Junkie feature, and thanks for visiting us!

Deanna said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! I love it!

Sonshine said...

That cake is absolutely amazing!! The other things are amazing as well but that cake is breathtaking!

Thanks for stopping by! You are quite welcome for the Meijer deals! :)

Conservative Belle said...

The cake is great. What a super idea about using graham crackers.

And looking at your cute quilt, it makes me want to learn how now.

Bar-b said...

I feel the need to curse. Holy Shite, that is the freakin' cutest nursery I have seen...and I have seen a lot of them. Also, your cake is gor.geous.

Glad to have stumbled upon your blog through sits!

Shanna said...

What talent!! Love*love*love the cute cake! Looks perfect to me...

Anonymous said...

Amazing decoration for new baby... And the cake is absolutely Gorgeous!!