Friday, October 17, 2008
Seven Random Things Tag
Dr. Wifey tagged me to do a meme of seven random things about myself. Because I have several things to do that I am procrastinating, I am actually completing this tag in less than a week from the time of tag. Plus I haven't done a real post since Wednesday and I'm feeling a little guilty...
So here are your seven random-ish things:
1. In addition to being a classically trained vocalist, I am also a classically trained violinist and have played since I was 10 years old. In High School, I went to All-State Orchestra, sat first chair, second violins in both our Full and Chamber Orchestra, and played with my hometown's symphony for a few seasons.
2. I am obsessed with forensic crime shows and pretty much always have the television on a true crime show when I get to choose what to watch. Cold Case Files, New Detectives, FBI Files, Snapped, I could go on and on. Macabre, yes, but would you expect anything less from a Mortician's daughter??
3. I HATE those live traffic feeders that appear on people's blogs!!! I know most of you have sitemeter and I'm okay with that, but for some reason, having the whole world know I have arrived on this blog via that blog feels like a massive invasion of privacy!! Okay, so I'm totally paranoid--I admit it! Like some comment I make on your blog is going to make one of your visitors track down where I live and come find me, kidnap me, and make me say witty things?? Oh yeah, and all that information is also available on my profile anyway. I know it's completely and totally irrational, so just shut up and get Sitemeter, m'kay???
4. I do not like tomatoes or green peppers, but I will eat them. I like tomatoes if they are cooked, but raw ones practically gag me if I eat them by themselves. If they are on a sandwich, I can usually make it through half the sandwich and then have to take the rest of the tomatoes off. I will, however, scarf them down if combined with fresh mozzarella, olive oil, and basil. I have the same issues with green peppers. Raw?? NO EFF-ING WAY! Cooked?? Maybe. I do love green peppers on one thing and one thing only--Pizza Hut's Supreme Pan Pizza. Yummmmm....
5. My husband is nearly 12 years older than I am. If I were his son's mother, I would have been nearly 12 when I conceived him. By the way, I have never dated a man younger than me--ever--and dated very few who were the same age as me. In a Christmas letter my mother sent out when I was 9, she described me as 9 going on 30. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing???
6. I met Luis from Sesame Street when I was 10. For some reason, he came to the little mall in Helena, Montana and did a program for kids. At one point during the program, he asked if anyone knew how to count in a different language. I raised my hand, jumped up, and counted to ten in Spanish. He asked if anyone else could count in a different language and once again, I raised my hand, jumped up, and counted to ten in German. Talk about an attention hound!!! I was such an annoying little kid! Now I can count to ten in seven different languages. If I'd known them all when I was ten, I probably would have just walked up, taken the microphone away from a stunned Luis, and done them all. Then I would have curtsied heartily and gone back to sit down.
7. I had a boyfriend in Kindergarten named Joe. Joe and I used to go up in the fun fort and kiss! What a hussy, huh?? My mom always tells the story of my Kindergarten Christmas Program, when Joe kissed me in front of everyone in the gymnasium and I hauled off and slapped him across the face! The fun fort is one thing, but in front of the whole school and everyone's parents?? That was NOT acceptable! I have a lot more stories about Joe, but I'll save some of those for future memes.
Now to tag my seven:
Actually, this is usually what takes me so long to get these memes done. I hate picking people for these things!
SOOOOOO consider yourself tagged, dear readers! Today, I'm taking the easy way out! Have a great weekend!