Friday, October 17, 2008

Seven Random Things Tag


Dr. Wifey tagged me to do a meme of seven random things about myself. Because I have several things to do that I am procrastinating, I am actually completing this tag in less than a week from the time of tag. Plus I haven't done a real post since Wednesday and I'm feeling a little guilty...

So here are your seven random-ish things:

1. In addition to being a classically trained vocalist, I am also a classically trained violinist and have played since I was 10 years old. In High School, I went to All-State Orchestra, sat first chair, second violins in both our Full and Chamber Orchestra, and played with my hometown's symphony for a few seasons.

2. I am obsessed with forensic crime shows and pretty much always have the television on a true crime show when I get to choose what to watch. Cold Case Files, New Detectives, FBI Files, Snapped, I could go on and on. Macabre, yes, but would you expect anything less from a Mortician's daughter??

3. I HATE those live traffic feeders that appear on people's blogs!!! I know most of you have sitemeter and I'm okay with that, but for some reason, having the whole world know I have arrived on this blog via that blog feels like a massive invasion of privacy!! Okay, so I'm totally paranoid--I admit it! Like some comment I make on your blog is going to make one of your visitors track down where I live and come find me, kidnap me, and make me say witty things?? Oh yeah, and all that information is also available on my profile anyway. I know it's completely and totally irrational, so just shut up and get Sitemeter, m'kay???

4. I do not like tomatoes or green peppers, but I will eat them. I like tomatoes if they are cooked, but raw ones practically gag me if I eat them by themselves. If they are on a sandwich, I can usually make it through half the sandwich and then have to take the rest of the tomatoes off. I will, however, scarf them down if combined with fresh mozzarella, olive oil, and basil. I have the same issues with green peppers. Raw?? NO EFF-ING WAY! Cooked?? Maybe. I do love green peppers on one thing and one thing only--Pizza Hut's Supreme Pan Pizza. Yummmmm....

5. My husband is nearly 12 years older than I am. If I were his son's mother, I would have been nearly 12 when I conceived him. By the way, I have never dated a man younger than me--ever--and dated very few who were the same age as me. In a Christmas letter my mother sent out when I was 9, she described me as 9 going on 30. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing???

6. I met Luis from Sesame Street when I was 10. For some reason, he came to the little mall in Helena, Montana and did a program for kids. At one point during the program, he asked if anyone knew how to count in a different language. I raised my hand, jumped up, and counted to ten in Spanish. He asked if anyone else could count in a different language and once again, I raised my hand, jumped up, and counted to ten in German. Talk about an attention hound!!! I was such an annoying little kid! Now I can count to ten in seven different languages. If I'd known them all when I was ten, I probably would have just walked up, taken the microphone away from a stunned Luis, and done them all. Then I would have curtsied heartily and gone back to sit down.

7. I had a boyfriend in Kindergarten named Joe. Joe and I used to go up in the fun fort and kiss! What a hussy, huh?? My mom always tells the story of my Kindergarten Christmas Program, when Joe kissed me in front of everyone in the gymnasium and I hauled off and slapped him across the face! The fun fort is one thing, but in front of the whole school and everyone's parents?? That was NOT acceptable! I have a lot more stories about Joe, but I'll save some of those for future memes.

Now to tag my seven:
Actually, this is usually what takes me so long to get these memes done. I hate picking people for these things!

SOOOOOO consider yourself tagged, dear readers! Today, I'm taking the easy way out! Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

Beth said...

I love it!!!

Not going to promise anything...
I have some of my own posts to fulfill!

But I will certainly keep it in mind!

Wep said...

I love cold case. They have the best music.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I love my live traffic feed :-) I wish that the same sort of tracking was on my sitemeter. If it is...I haven't figured it out. I love that I can see who is on. And espeically love it when I see blogs that I have never heard of that must obviously have me linked. And if it wasn't for that live traffic feed I would never have known that cnn.com linked to my blog after I wrote about our gas crisis.

I can't do tomatoes or peppers on anything. I hate the smell/taste of peppers - and if they are there, it permeates everything.

Oh...and I have my almost PhD in forensic anthropology :-)

Dr. Wifey said...

i am impressed that you posted this so quickly. girl you are on the ball!

love forensics shows too

and i could make a meal off of tomatoes and peppers...actually do a lot of times. red bell peppers are my fave!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

not a PhD...an almost PhD. Or as we call it an abd (all but dissertation). I am a drop out. :-) I did the course work, taught classes, was the ghost writer for numerous papers and grant proposals...and then there were babies. And I don't have a chance at all of going back. My brain cells are all gone...

Keys to the Magic Travel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nikkicrumpet said...

Well now we know where it got the name "fun fort" . I got a kick out of this post...the whole site meter thing had me laughing! Thanks for stopping by my blog on my SITS day. I'm having the best time following people home...but not in a stalker kind of way. I love the blogs that make me laugh...looks like yours is gonna be one of them.

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

You're a classically trained musician and vocalist and you STILL hang out with us? Garsh! (*scratches butt*)

I think you are to tomatoes and peppers like I am to chocolate and peanut butter.

Lula! said...

I'm glad there's another "Watcher in the Woods" lover out there. I am a big fraidy cat, but I LOVE being scared. And half the comments I've received have been, "Ooohhhh, no, can't watch!" They need to heed my advice and give it a shot, huh? SO GOOD! Glad you dig it, too.

And I'm so with you on that live traffic feed thingamabob...I hate that. What if I'm lurking? I don't want my hometown announced when I'm trying to keep on the downlow. I have Sitemeter, too...I think it should be required for bloggers. But that's just me...and you...we're obviously cooler than most. HA!

Deanna said...

Good for you slapping that fresh little kindergartener! Who did he think he was?!? Ha!

I am cracking up you don't eat tomatoes after doing a entire blog post about tomato preserves?!

Anonymous said...

Those are GREAT facts about you! I'm nowhere that fascinating even while I'm hormonal. ;D

Very cool that you're a classicaly trained vocalist! Sing something and post on your blog for us, willya?

Sitemeter? What's a sitemeter? asks your dorky, technically-challenged Blogger friend. ;}

Danyele Easterhaus said...

u little kindergarten hottie...super fun stuff here! so u were such a show off too....shocking! jk...i love these little meme's. :)

Bar-b said...

I see blog people. Sorry dude, you'll just have to get over the traffic cam :)

By the way, you are probably the most musical blogger I know ;)