This has been a labor of love and I'm still not finished, but I hope to have it completed in a few weeks.
Here are the pages I have completed so far in the order they are posted. Well, I haven't titled any of them or sewed them togther, so technically they're not completed at all. Sheesh! Quit complaining! This has been a TON of work!
- Button My Flowers (three felt flowers to button)
- Dress Me Up (velcro shirt, skirt, and shoes)
- Put Your Hand in My Mitten (open on the bottom to place hand inside)
- Traffic Light (velcro lights to put in the right order)
- Snap on My Shapes (snapped shapes to match to sewn on shapes )
- Telephone (moving dial and velcro handset)
- Chalkboard (two pages--chalk oilcloth, chalk, chalk holder, yarn secured sponge eraser, and eraser holder)
- Noah's Ark (zippered ark with six animal finger puppets from IKEA)
If you need a crash course in sewing--do one of these! I've learned to applique, put in a zipper, sew on velcro, attach snaps--all in one project!
I still have three pages left to do, so I'll update you along the way!
I've used LOTS of inspiration, but here's a few of my favorite places to gather ideas on how to make your own quiet book.
Quiet Book Instructions in PDF format with patterns
Homemade by Jill's Quiet Book with templates
An entire blog dedicated to making Quiet Books